Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2007

IF I KNEW

If I knew it would be the last
That I’d see you fall asleep
I would tuck you in more tightly
and pray the Lord, your soul to keep,

If I knew it would be the last time
that I see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss
and call you back for one more.

If I knew it would be the last
I’d hear your voice lifted up in praise,
I would video tape each action word,
so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time,
I could spare an extra minute
to stop and say “I love you,”
instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.

If I knew it would be the last time,
I would be there to share your day,
Well I’m sure you’ll have so many more,
so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there’s always tomorrow
to make up for an oversight,
and we always get a second chance
to make everything just right.

There will always be another day
to say “I love you,”
And certainly there’s another chance
to say our “Anything I can do?.

But just in case I might be wrong,
and today is all I get,
I’d like to say how much I love you
and I hope we never forget.
Tomorrow is not a promised to anyone,
young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance
you get to hold your loved ones tight.

So if you’re waiting for tomorrow,
why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes,
you’ll surely regret the day,

That you didn’t take that time
for a smile , a hug, or a kiss
and you were too busy to grant someone
what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,
and whisper in their ear,
Tell them how much you love them
and that you’ll always hold them dear

Take time to say “I’m sorry.”
“Please forgive me,””Thank you”, or “It’s
Okay.”
And if tomorrow never comes,
you’ll have no regrets about today
.
This poem makes me want to give thanks and all my love to my husband , my kids , my grandkids....and my family...thanks for always being there ..in the up and downs..
love you all..more than words can say
to my sweet brother in laws
My thanks to my sister in laws Barb and Neti for always listening ..
this comes to my mind when I think of the two of you
As I Am
is how you take me never try to push
or make me different ..
you two have always encouraged
and loved me
Barb you and I were joined by the love of God
and I am blessed by that ...
this poem makes me realize we need to say we care ....
and I do .... sis
thanks Miles for being in Barb's life she deserves the best .
I know I have others I should say thanks to
but if I have hurt you or said the words wrong in the past or today
please forgive me ....
I pray that each day all that we hold precious
and dear ...that we share our hearts
and our love ..with out any regrets..

1 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Wow Judy, what a beautiful poem... its the sort I definately would have published myself.

Your words are overwhelming & touch me deeply. Me, so imperfect in so many ways, you make me feel special and loved. Thanks for your unconditional love Judy. I love you.

have a wonderful day!

Barb and Smiles